Sparkle Stories is hiring! We’re a small but mighty children’s media company based in Austin, Texas, and we’re looking for a spectacular Marketing Director to join our team.
The Digital Marketing Director drives the marketing strategy by developing, planning, coordinating, and implementing the marketing plan and staying tuned-in to its success. The Director manages the Social Media Coordinator, as well as other roles under the Marketing effort, and communicates the marketing plan to all involved. This role is dedicated to building awareness of the Sparkle brand and helping the company design pricing strategies and content offerings to maximize profits. The Director is the owner of the marketing calendar and will facilitate all marketing meetings, goals, agendas, and analytics while keeping the team up-to-date on upcoming events or deadlines. This position is also in charge of building relationships with influencers as well as organizing company members’ participation at conferences, trade shows, and major events. This position collaborates with and reports to the CEO.
- Oversee entire marketing effort. Drive and develop marketing strategy and plan, focusing on subscription growth. Plan, direct, and coordinate all marketing efforts.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of competitors, as well as demand for our products.
- Strategize social media marketing and content and oversee Social Media Marketing Coordinator.
- Stay tuned-in to relevant social media conversations so that we might engage and share like-minded thinkers on our own site.
- Craft blog and email-based marketing content (e.g. product launches) which will be shared on all social media platforms.
- Develop relationships with influencers.
- Build brand awareness.
- Manage the marketing budget.
- Track analytics, report findings, and adapt as needed.
- Organize company members’ participation at conferences, trade shows, and major events.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Creative Team to design pricing strategies and content offerings.
- Hold weekly marketing meetings with the CEO and Social Media Manager.
The Marketing Director works directly with the CEO to develop voice, ideas, and strategies. Sparkle will contract with a Social Media Coordinator to manage and run Social Media Ads. Other contractors, such as copywriters and graphic designers, may be contracted on an as-needed basis, with the approval of the CEO.
The Marketing Director will establish concrete monthly, six-month, and yearly goals in collaboration with the CEO, which are expressly stated and used as markers for success. Goals can be revised at any time, in collaboration with team.
- Proven digital marketing campaign experience.
- Relevant experience in managing multiple marketing platforms.
- Experience in managing a marketing team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, as well as copywriting skills.
- Knowledge of all social media platforms, Google Apps. MS Office, Excel.
- Ready to learn new software and platforms such as Contentful.
- Experience and expertise in accurate interpretation and communication of web analytics.
Experience with subscription based businesses is a huge plus.
An implementer. Excellent time-management skills. Detail-oriented and organized. Self-motivated and invested. Excellent communicator. Loves to-do lists and details, loves to bring projects to a close — but also has a bit of creative flair. Collaborator and team player with impeccable follow-through. A plus: familiarity with children’s content and the demographic of families with young children.
Full-time contract position. Salary commensurate with experience. Initial three-month trial period. Incentives for successful candidates and successful marketing campaigns. Enjoy working flexibly for a mission-driven company with a dynamic, creative team!
Please send a resume and letter of interest to Lisabeth at email@example.com.
About the Author
Lisabeth Sewell has worn many hats at Sparkle over the years, from Sparkle Kitchen Blogger to Editorial Director to Doer of All Odd Jobs. Her primary role is as CEO.