Sparkle Stories is looking for a Digital Marketing Director to join our team of team of creatives and implementers. We are an Austin-based children's media company, and we have an opening on our team for someone who is a natural connector and who loves to share the word about what s/he believes in.
Perks: This position is flexible and can be done on your schedule, outside of a few weekly meetings. You’ll get to participate in the growth of a mission-driven company (with a super-big heart!), and bring your own passions and interests to the table.
Austin-area based only.
The Digital Marketing Director owns and drives the marketing strategy by developing and implementing the marketing plan and staying tuned-in to its success. This position reports to the CEO.
- Drive marketing strategy conversations.
- Strategize and implement all social media marketing and content
- Craft blog and email-based marketing content (e.g. product launches), inputting any relevant content into CMS.
- Outreach to influencers.
- Own and manage monthly marketing budget, seeking the most cost-effective strategies.
- Project growth and revenue, in collaboration with CEO.
- Track analytics, report findings and adapt as needed.
- Manage the marketing calendar and keep the team up-to-date on upcoming events or deadlines.
- Facilitate marketing meetings.
- Stay tuned-in to relevant social media conversations, so that we might engage and share like-minded thinkers on our own site.
Knowledge of all social media platforms. Google Apps. MS Office, especially Excel. Also must be ready to learn new software & platforms such as Contentful. Knowledge of and interest in accurate interpretation and communication of ongoing web analytics.
Relevant experience in digital marketing, in managing multiple marketing platforms, in managing an independent schedule and to-do list, in communicating within a team or group, as well as the general public. Experience with and success on social media platforms.
Self-motivated and invested. Collaborator & team player, willing to work with a highly connected team. Excellent communicator. An implementer. Detail-oriented and organized. Loves to-do lists and details, loves to bring projects to a close. Impeccable follow-through. Enjoys learning from both successes and "failures." A plus: familiarity with children’s content and the demographic of families with young children.
Twenty hours a week to start. Initial three-month trial period. With a successful candidate (and a successful marketing campaign) this role could grow in both time and pay.
Work hours are completely flexible, outside of weekly marketing team check-ins and a bi-weekly Sparkle team meeting that is currently scheduled for Mondays at one pm.
Please send resume and letter of interest to Lisabeth at email@example.com.