Sparkle Stories is looking for a Marketing & Production Assistant. This role is an essential part of the Sparkle Marketing team, collaborates with the Digital Marketing Director, and reports to the Sparkle Digital Marketing Director and the CEO.
The Assistant creates and manages outward facing content, including Sparkle website home and dashboard pages, landing pages, app home pages, marketing content, newsletters, blog pages, and push notifications.
Responsibilities may include:
• Weekly newsletter management. This includes writing and graphic creation, as well as layout, popper formatting and linking.
• Marketing landing pages. Ensure that new content is created in a timely manner, formatted properly, and published.
• Marketing ad or asset creation, following style guide and templates.
• Social media posting.
• Blog content management. Ensure that new content is created in a timely manner, formatted properly, and published.
• Website and app management on outward facing pages or screens. This includes regular updates to the dashboard and browse pages to ensure content is freshly featured.
• Review of edited audio stories after editing for any issues including editing misses or unclear recordings.
And in the future, responsibilities will include:
• Push notifications in coordination with new content. • Podcast management: coordination of planning, calendar, recording and upload/publishing.
The person in this role is crafty with both words and images, has solid experience with graphic design, loves to make things look and sound beautiful. Detail-oriented and organized. Self-motivated and invested. Excellent communicator and happy collaborator. Impeccable follow-through.
Experience & Skills
Relevant experience in content creation. Experience with graphic design software and all social media platforms. Also must be ready to learn new software & platforms such as Contentful (https://www.contentful.com/).
To start: 20 Hours per week, pay scale $25-$30/hour. The hours are flexible - outside of a weekly meeting on Mondays at 11:30 CT and regular marketing meetings. Initial three month trial.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Lisabeth Sewell at: email@example.com.
About the Author
Lisabeth Sewell has worn many hats at Sparkle over the years, from Sparkle Kitchen Blogger to Editorial Director to Doer of All Odd Jobs. Her primary role is as CEO.